- This event has passed.
Visitor Day – June 2022
June 18 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm£2.00 – £8.00
It’s National Picnic Day on 18th June, so pack a hamper and join us at Tortworth Forest Centre!
Usually reserved for exclusive bookings, the Visitor Days are a chance to discover this special place and our botanical tree collection. You are invited to enjoy the peace, wander under redwoods, picnic amongst towering cedars and get lost among a hundred shades of green.
Tickets are limited so we recommend prior booking, but there will be some available on the day.
Adults £8 per person
Children (5-17 years) £2 per person
Infants (0-4 years) Free
There will be tea, coffee and hot chocolate as well as marshmallows for toasting over the fire in the Round House for an additional donation, so please bring cash along with you.
This is an arboretum restoration project in progress! We are working hard with volunteers to restore, replant and maintain the arboretum following years of abandonment – we have created paths and cleared around trees so they can flourish and be enjoyed, and are working hard to improve labelling and signage. It’s still quite wild in places, and we plan to keep it that way because it’s part of what makes this place unique, and it’s also great for wildlife.
Planning your visit:
- Unfortunately, the site is not suitable for wheelchair users, and only suitable for off-road buggies
- We have limited parking along a dead-end lane and car-sharing is encouraged (we recommend turning around in our turning area before parking facing down the lane)
- We have a compost loo on-site
- There is no running water here
- Please take all your rubbish with you
Want to be the first to hear about ticket releases and new events? Click here to sign up to our mailing list.
Calendar powered by The Events Calendar