Take your event into the woods at Tortworth Forest Centre
Are you looking for a beautiful, idyllic, and spacious venue for your event this summer? Why not take it into the woods at Tortworth Forest Centre?
Whether you’re planning a yoga retreat or a day of forest school, Tortworth Forest Centre is the perfect location to create an unforgettable event. Located just 12 miles from Bristol, you and your guests can run wild over 20 acres of woodland, cook up a storm for a woodland banquet or cosy up around a campfire and watch the stars come out.
What we offer
- 20 acres of private woodland for you and your guests to explore – home to more than 600 veteran and exotic trees
- A beautiful clearing accessed via a private road, with a timber event circle and fire pit under a living roof
- An outdoor banquet table which can comfortably seat 12
- Tree maps with suggested walks and highlights for you and your guests to explore and discover
- A compost toilet with a rainwater handwash sink. (Or you we can help you hire a portaloo if you prefer)
- Three friendly resident goats who will be waiting to greet you and your guests
We can also provide bespoke event facilitation from our experienced staff for:
- Guided walks
- Forest school
- Bushcraft and nature connection
- Woodland crafts
An ideal venue for:
- Nature film locations
- Forest school
- Team-building exercises
- Outdoor/nature classes
- £25 per hour (minimum 4-hour hire) for one-off private events.
- £22 per hour (minimum 4-hour hire) for charities and non-profits
- Price includes a £50 non-refundable deposit to secure the booking which is taken off your final bill
- Contact us for repeat/regular hire as we may be able to reduce the minimum hire and deposit
- Reduced rates for camping (usually £20 per person per night)
Please note: if we deem the arboretum is too risky due to high winds or gusts, entry will not be permitted and deposits/hire fees will be refunded in full.
What is not included in the price?
- Firewood – though we can prepare some for your event in advance for a small donation
- Drinking water – we have rainwater for handwash but no taps or drinking water available, so you will need to bring your own
- Refuse collection – all guests are required to take their own rubbish and recycling away with them as we have no refuse services
- Event facilitation – our staff can offer forest school activities, guided tree walks, or we can facilitate campfire cooking and woodland activities. Charges from £27 per hour
- Insurance and risk assessments – you will need to provide your own suitable insurance and activity risk assessments
We do not permit paintballing, mountain biking, amplified sound, or music events
Maximum guests per event: 30
Parking is on a single track lane with a small turning circle, limited to 10 cars
Who are we?
We are a community group set up to restore, manage and replant the exotic tree collection at Tortworth Arboretum. Since 2014 we have been working with volunteers to uncover the tree collection after years of mismanagement, and we are now planting new exotic trees for future generations to enjoy.
For more information contact Bec Cork email@example.com. We are not open to the public day to day, if you would like to arrange a site visit please get in touch.